Case Manager
  • Feel free to talk to us 612-822-1203

Employee FAQ

When can I start working?
You may start working once you receive your work start letter.
Can I assist clients who are admitted to hospitals?
You are not allowed to assist hospitalized patients. However, you may continue assisting them once they are discharged.
What is a care plan?
Care plans are the services and activities that are specified according to the client’s needs as well as with the direction of qualified health professionals. It provides a list of the activities/services that you must render to your client.
When do I get paid?
We follow the payroll calendar in the payment of your salary. If you have further concerns about your payment, contact us here.
I didn’t receive my payment. What should I do?
Contact us as soon as possible to verify if we have received your timesheets.
What is Qualified Professional Visit?
As per legal requirements, all clients are required to have timely visits from a qualified professional to ensure that the services being rendered are in compliance with the care plan.
What should I do if I changed my contact details?
Inform us as soon as possible so we can make immediate adjustments.
Can I get paid before payday?
Inform us beforehand if you’d like to have an advance payment. Contact us here to know more.
Will I still be paid if I turned in my timesheet late?
Yes. However, your payment might also be delayed depending on how late you’ve turned in your timesheet.
Who can submit the timesheet?
The client or the caregiver can submit the timesheet.
I was disqualified during the background study, what can I do?
If you are disqualified to work as a personal care assistant, you will have an opportunity to appeal the disqualification. If you are unsure about how to do that, we are happy to assist you. Contact our office to learn more, you should speak with the intake person who processed your paperwork.
When can I start working?
Employees may not start working until they receive a start work letter. Refer to the start work letter for the date you may start working with a particular recipient.
How many hours can I work?
You may only work the number of hours per week you are authorized. For new employees refer to your start work letter to determine number of hours available. Existing employee contact our office at 612-822-1203 to deterimine the number of hours you should
Can I work overtime?
Overtime (40 hours or more per week) must be authorized by Comfort Services LLC in writing. If work overtime and it is not authorized you will not be paid for it. It should be noted that PCA’s working with PCA Choice clients are not authorized to work over 40 hours per week.
Can I work when the recipient is in the hospital?
No, you cannot continue to record time after a recipient is admitted to a hospital or facility. You can keep time up until they are admitted, and may resume keeping time once they are discharged. Please give discharge papers to Amina Hussein.
What is the care plan for?
The care plan was written by the recipient and sometimes with the help of our qualified professional. (Nurse). The care plan list what activities the client needs help in, and what to do to help the client in the best way. You should review the care plan if you have any questions about the clients care.
What activities should I check off on my timesheets?
You may only check off the activities the client your working with is approved to receive care for. Refer to your start work letter, if new employee or working with new client; for existing clients, refer to the care plan or assessment.
How should I complete my timesheet?
Timesheets must be completed correctly, legibly, and signed by the participant or responsible party and the employee. Clients should not sign blank timesheets. You should only check activities your client is approved to receive. If you are unsure of what to check off contact our office. Employees should only submit timesheets showing the time actually worked. Employees may not submit timesheets when the client is in a hospital or other facility.
Can I sign timesheets for my client?
No you may not sign timesheets for your client.
When are timesheets due?
Timesheets are due every Friday at the end of the shift, but you can submit your timesheet anytime after your last shift of the week. Our Weeks run from Saturday to Friday. You could turn in your timesheet after your shift ends on Friday, for example. Do not sign or turn in timesheets before your workweek is over.
How do I turn in my timesheets?
We accept timesheets from our timesheets app, email, fax, or you can even drop off your timesheet if necessary. It is Comfort Services’ goal to make working and receiving services at our company easy and convenient. Email to: or Fax it to 612-400-7048.
Who may submit timesheets?
Either the caregiver or the client may submit timesheets.
How do I know if you received my timesheets?
If we do not receive your timesheet or if your timesheet you will receive a text or a call depending on the circumstances. If you receive a call, contact us as soon as possible to see what weeks we are missing or that contain errors. Contact us at 612-822-1203.
When do I get paid?
We pay every two weeks according to our payroll calendar. If you think you should have been paid we are probably missing a timesheet, and you should contact us as soon as possible to determine which weeks we are missing.
How do I sign up for direct deposit?
To sign for direct deposit, visit our Website at then click employees tab, then forms and select direct deposit form. You can fill this form online and submit it or print, fill and bring it to our office personally.
How do I request PTO?
To request PTO first download and complete a PTO request form in our website, either submit the form online or return the form to our office by fax or email. PTO requests are processed with the next regularly scheduled payroll unless otherwise requested.
How can I get a copy of my check stubs?
If you have direct deposit, you won’t receive a paper copy of your check stubs. Instead you may access your check stubs at Our Website Also you may request paper copies of checks stubs by contacting our office and making a request.
When do I get paid if my timesheets are turned in late?
Timesheets are due every Friday at the end of the shift. If you timesheets are turned in late according to our payroll calendar your check will typically be processed with the next payday.
What do I do if I didn’t get paid? Or I didn’t get my check what should I do?
If you didn’t receive your paycheck the most likely reason is we did not receive your timesheet. Contact us so we can verify we have your timesheets. If your check is lost in the mail we may be able to issue a replacement depending upon how long it has been since the check was issued.
What are QP visits?
For PCA Traditional clients the QP visits at the start of service to create the care plan and conduct the pca orientation. Then the QP visits every 90 days the first year, and every 120 days the second year. For PCA Choice clients the QP visits every 180 days. **PCA’s who are 16 and 17 years old require supervision every 60 days regardless of program.
What if I move or change my phone number?
Notify our office right away if you change your phone number, anyone can help you.

Why Choose Comfort Services LLC

Looking for a reliable care provider? You’re in the right place! [Read More]

beautiful house
caregiver and senior woman sitting in the wheel chair smiling